A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Saturday 12 November 2016

Winter Makeup Look










I'm really enjoying writing up seasonal posts at the moment, so I thought I'd sit down and write a good old Winter Makeup Look! I've used a range of products, both drugstore and high-end, so hopefully there should be something for everyone. I will try to link some cheaper alternatives to the high-end products below.

When I start applying my makeup, I use a toner water spray just to prime my skin. At the moment, when I use my foundation I combine the Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation with my trusty No7 Stay Perfect Foundation and mix them together before blending them onto my face. I find this to be the perfect solution - the Rimmel foundation has a sheer coverage to it, so I wouldn't want to wear it alone, but blended with the No7 one it gives you a dewy and flawless look.

I've mentioned this palette numerous times, so it will come as no surprise to you all that I used the Benefit Cheekathon Palette to contour and blush. If you'd like to read my full review and unboxing post, you can do so here :). To set it all, I use the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish Powder, which I absolutely adore. 

The main feature of this look are the eyes. I line them using the Skinny Eyeliner by Soap & Glory and just do a simple thin flick. To create a golden, amber tone, I use my beloved Urban Decay Smokey Eyeshadow Palette and use a few different shades to build the perfect look. To start off, I use the pale shade called 'thirteen' at the far end. This blocks out any veins in your eyes and just gives a nice base for your eyes. 'Whisky' goes all over the eyes as a matte shade, and once this is blended out, I go to the other end of the palette to use 'Radar', just to give it some sparkle. 'Dirtysweet' adds a hint of gold, and 'High' is the perfect shade to put in the inner corners of your eyes. I then just quickly apply some mascara, then that's the eyes done!

A dark lip is an autumn essential, and finishes off the look perfectly. My lipstick of choice is Mac's 'Diva' - a gorgeous berry toned burgundy shade. I've received so many compliments on this lipstick, and I have to say I love it! After all this, I spritz my NYX setting spray to set it all!

Products shown:
Revlon Colourstay Concealer  // £6.99 // 'Fair'
Rimmel Fresher Skin Foundation  // £7.49 // 'True Ivory (103)'
No7 Stay Perfect Foundation  // £14.50 // 'Cool Vanilla'
Soap & Glory 'Brow Archery' Pencil // £8 // 'Hot Chocolate'
Soap & Glory Supercat Skinny Eyeliner // £6.50 // 'Extreme Black'
Mac Lipstick // £15.50 // 'Diva'

Hope you enjoyed reading this post! Let me know your autumnal makeup routine in the comments below.

Katy x


Share:

2 comments

  1. Great post! Those eye shadows look gorgeous x

    http://www.lifewithcarlyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Post! I love UD Naked eyeshadow pallets!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig