A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Sunday 27 November 2016

November Favourites








I didn't do a 'monthly favourites' post last month, as nothing really stood out to me. Instead, I've combined the items that have stood out to me for both October and November - hope that's okay with you guys! Autumn has rushed by and it's almost Christmas - get ready for lots of fun filled Christmas related blog posts, eek! 

MAC Lipstick  // 'Diva' // £15.50 // MAC Cosmetics
As we have been going through the Autumnal season, darker lipsticks are an absolute must. I was fortunate enough to receive this for Christmas last year and had been resisting using it until the beginning of October - oh boy, I was not disappointed! I could honestly go on for days about how much I adore this lipstick, but I'll try to keep it short! The pigmentation is gorgeous; the shade itself is divine; it stays on all day, even through eating food and drinking (to the point that it won't come off when you take your makeup off in the evening). I've been complimented so many times on it! MAC lipsticks are my fave - I only own 2, but if you've been reading this blog, you'll know how much I go on about Velvet Teddy!! Yes, I have been loving this very much through November!

MAC Studio Fix Powder // NW10 // £22 // MAC Cosmetics
After religiously using my Rimmel Matte 'Stay Perfect' Powder pretty much non-stop for the last couple of years, I wanted to treat myself to something slightly more expensive. I feel like your base is the most important part of your makeup, so you can splurge a bit on your foundation/powder, just so your skin looks flawless. I did really splurge with this - I only have about 5 high-end items of makeup in my collection, so £22 was quite a bit above my budget to be honest. I do not regret my decision at all - this has got to be my favourite powder ever (which really says something). You do not have to reapply it throughout the day - it covers the shine all in one go, and just sets your skin perfectly. I honestly don't know what I'd do without this, it's upped my makeup game so much!

Makeup Revolution Blush Palette  // 'Hot Spice' // £6 // Superdrug
This palette has been in my makeup collection for quite a while, but had recently slipped to the back a bit. However, I've rediscovered it and fallen in love all over again. For £6, you get 6 gorgeous blush shades, plus 2 pretty shimmer highlights. Mine is in a bit of a state - the mirror has gone very floppy is very messy (apologies for the finger smears, lol). If you are looking for a blush palette with a variety of shades in it for under £10, I highly recommend this one.

Almost £8 for a hairspray isn't cheap, but this has to be the best one I've used. Whenever I plait my hair, or want it down, but to have a bit of hold, I just spritz this everywhere and voila! It is stick enough to hold, but not enough to douse your hair too much. A little bit goes a long way, too. I love this so much and I am really glad I picked it up. If you're obsessed with hair like me, defo get this!

Ted Baker Body Spray // £7 // Boots
I use body sprays generally as opposed to perfume - I don't really have the money for many expensive ones on a student budget, so go for something cheap. My fave scents are floral, but have a musky undertone - nothing too full one, but just nice enough to stay on the skin for a while. This came in a gift set I got a while ago and I love this scent very much. The smell stays on your for quite a while after you spray it, with hints of grapefruit - I will definitely get this again in the future.

What have you been loving this month? Let me know below.

Katy x






Share:

10 comments

  1. I adore Makeup Revolution, the products are such good quality for the price!

    itslydiamay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot spice is such an amazing little pallet I use it all the time

    Great post
    Keep up the hard work
    Warm wishes
    Jazziepickles
    Www.jazziepickles.blogspot.co.uk Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah glad to hear you enjoy using it too! Yes, it's incredible. Aw thank you, I will, that's nice of you to say x

      Delete
  3. Great post. The Ted Baker body spray looks divine. Love the photographs!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx | http://wwwtheperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing, would recommend it. Thank you Mols! xx

      Delete
  4. Loving these - that lip colour is gorgeous! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lipstick is absolutely gorgeous! I really need to get my hands on it. Thank you so much for sharing these bits with us x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, you do! You're welcome, thank you for reading x

      Delete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig