A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Friday 1 January 2016

2015 Favourites!

Hi,

I feel like 2015 has gone by so quickly! During 2015, I've found many new things I like, whether it be jewelry, makeup, books or clothing items. It was so hard to narrow it down to 6 favourite things, but if I did more, this post would go on forever!

2015 was the year I decided to try to put more time aside for myself and I definitely want to try to do this again in 2016! Once my GCSE's were done and dusted, and I'd settled into college, I decided to do some reading, which I personally find so relaxing. I picked up 'Girl On The Train' by Paula Hawkins. Although personally I found it took a while to get into, it is a really good thriller and I literally couldn't put it down! I would totally recommend this.

For my 16th birthday last January, my Mum treated me to a Pandora ring. This is the daisies ring with 3 daisies on it and I will say it's my baby - I love it so much and if you know me, you will know I wear this every day without a fail. I am hoping to expand my ring collection in the future 100% - I feel like they add a little touch to any outfit without being too over the top.

Going onto fragrance, I have found myself purchasing 'Mist Me Madly' by Soap & Glory multiple times during the year. It's a lovely delicate sense, with a bit of musk. I've received compliments multiple times and I absolutely love it. The packaging is also so pretty and it lasts quite a while for a small bottle.

I decided to hop on the Yankee Candle bandwagon at the beginning of last year and as a GCSE reward, finally persauded my Mum to buy me a large 'Salted Caramel' Yankee candle. This is my favourite thing, both to eat and smell, so this is like heaven for me in a jar! It has lasted me 4 months so far and it is so gorgeous, it's making me sad that it's now half way through! Furthermore, it leaves your room smelling amazing - an added bonus!

I have definitely experimented a lot more with makeup in 2015 - I've gone from having a very basic collection to a rather extensive collection which I'm now very chuffed with! The Soap & Glory Highlighter dusts the tops of your cheekbones with a lovely dusty pink perly highlight, which looks lovely! It is so worth the £11 you pay for it and it comes with a lovely compact mirror - perfect for last minute makeup application on the train or in the car on a long journey!

Lipsticks are probably my favourites - I have quite a few shades, from deep reds to neutral nudes. I decided to splurge in MAC one day and I do not regret it one bit! This is 'Velvet Teddy' - probably one of the most talked about lipsticks of the collection. I actually asked for a back up one for Christmas I love it that much! It leaves your lips with a lovely pink colour, without being too over the top - very helpful if you're wearing a bold outfit and need neutral make-up to balance it out.

Items mentioned:
Salted Caramel Yankee Candle
Triple Daisy Flower Pandora Ring
The Girl On The Train - Paula Hawkins (Book)
Soap & Glory Highlighter
MAC Lipstick - Velvet Teddy
Soap & Glory - Mist You Madly Body Spray

Thank you so much for reading!








Chocolate Chatterbox




Share:

2 comments

  1. Loving your blog :) I've been dying to read The Girl On The Train for so long so it's good to know you enjoyed it! The Salted Caramel Yankee Candle sounds incredible, I didn't even know they did that!
    http://justanotherbeautynovice.blogspot.co.uk/
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) ah yeah, it's so worth the read! Ah it really is haha x

      Delete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig