A dash of lifestyle, beauty, fashion and a bit of everything!

Monday 8 June 2015

Healthy Hair

Hey,

I have a lot of people ask me how my hair gets so long and how I maintain it in good condition. Today, I'm going to share my tips on how to maintain long healthy hair.


Washing - it is recommended that you wash your hair at least every other day to make sure you don't strip it of the natural oils. I generally wash mine every other day as otherwise it gets really greasy. When you wash your hair, take care with it and don't pull it about. After washing my hair, I generally apply some de-tangling spray or a hair mask afterwards - this allows your hair to not become too knotted or matted.

Drying - I generally wash my hair before I sleep so that I can let it dry naturally. I then let it dry for a couple of hours and plait it, sleeping with the plait in. This not only allows your hair to dry naturally but stops your hair from becoming too knotted or have mattes in it overnight. Try to avoid using a hairdryer as much as possible, as too much heat isn't good for your hair.

With styling, I'd advise you not to use too many products. I try to keep the products I use to a minium - a bit of dry shampoo if my hair is a bit dead and unwashed, and a bit of hairspray to hold a few strands of hair or a style in place. If you use too much, this damages your hair. If you straighten or curl your hair, try to use heat protectant.

I am not an expert in this field, so don't feel like I know too much what I'm talking about, but these are my personal tips!

I hope you've enjoyed reading this style of post.

Have a lovely week,


Chocolate Chatterbox
Share:

6 comments

  1. I've only had a Tangle Teezer for a month and I love it. No idea what I'd do without dry shampoo, life saver!

    Thanks for following me, followed you right back :)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too!

      You're welcome and thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I really use heat on my hair either, it really does keep your hair in better condition!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to use heat on my hair as far as drying it, because I have to straighten my hair! So I like to tell myself if I let it air dry I'm at least giving it somewhat of a break, haha! I also go a couple days without washing my hair and utilize dry shampoo to help me make it through those days.
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good idea. I try to not wash my hair often, but it's a bit of a struggle as otherwise it goes really greasy which is gross haha. Dry shampoo is a lifesaver!

      Think I've given you a follow a couple of days ago xx

      Delete
  4. I just love Garnier !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Chocolate Chatterbox | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig